In today’s world, mathematics is the key behind every innovation. From space to the core of the earth everything includes mathematics. Mathematics is similar to a huge ocean where you can find essential precious minerals if you go deep inside it. This subject includes lots of tools that can bring the reason behind every possible thing.
Every aspect of mathematics includes efficient tools like, multiple, factors, division, multiplication etc. This tool is the basis behind every complex mathematics.
What is the understanding behind this part?
A factor of a number can be stated as a digit that can exhaust a number by dividing without leaving a remnant. In another word, a factor of a number is a number that separates a particular number evenly without any hassle.
In the word of mathematics, if a divisor equally divides the dividend then the divisor can be stated as the factor of the dividend.
- 2 is the factor of 26 because 2 successfully divides 26 without a remnant.
- 3 is the factor of 39 because 3 successfully divides 39 without a remnant.
Difference between Prime number and Composite number
Prime and composite are the property of each digit that makes them different from each other.
If any number has only two digits that can divide it, i.e, one and the number itself, then that particular number is stated as a prime number. For example, Any odd number such as 17 can be divided by 1 and 17 only. Hence, 17 is a prime number.
If any number has more than two digits that can divide it, then the number is stated to be a composite number. For example, an even number like 26 can be divided by 2,13,26,1. Hence, 26 has more than two factors. Therefore 26 can be stated as a composite number.
Applications of factors
There are several different ways to represent common divisor. One of the ways is the greatest common factor. The biggest common factor can be stated as the largest common factor of tore or more different numbers. In other words,
- In the first step, you need to take out all the factors of the respective number.
- In the second step, you have to search for a common factor.
- In the third step, you have to pick the biggest common factor.
- If you want to search for the biggest common factor of 28 and 18 then you can follow these steps
Then the factor of 28 is 2 and 7 while the factor of 18 is 9 and 2. Hence, the biggest common factor of 28 and 18 is 2.
- If you want to find the biggest common factor of 35 and 49 then you can count the following step
Then the factor of 35 is 7 and 5 while factor 49 is 7. Hence, the biggest common factor of 35 and 49 is 7.
- If you want to find the biggest common factor of 30 and 35 then you can count the following step
Then the factor of 30 is 6 and 5 while the factor of 35 is 7 and 5. Hence, the biggest common factor of 30 and 35 is 7.
The word factor may sound complex but in a real scenario, it is very easy to execute the sum of factors. If you need the guidance of experts then you can decide to choose Cuemath because they have experts who can give you a detailed image of any portion of mathematics. These experts can solve all your doubts with a proper explanation so that you can solve the problem accurately the next time.