5 Best Travel Packing Tips When In Florida This Summer
Who doesn’t love traveling on vacation? Some people would love to go on a road trip, and some would love to take a train or a flight to reach their destination. Some people love the green or snow-filled towering mountains, while some love the cool breeze with a relaxing atmosphere of the sea beach. Whichever group of people one may belong to, it is evident that most of the world’s population loves to travel on vacations. We will run down some numbers to explain why we feel it’s clear.
According to American Travel statistics, roughly 40 million people in the USA traveled abroad in 2019. After a long period of global restrictions, 16% of Americans are determined to travel to their bucket-list destinations. In addition, studies reveal that 18 to 34-year-olds are more willing to travel long distances. It is fascinating to see the determination and passion of people worldwide to travel because the post-pandemic era saw airline ticket prices rise by at least 35%, with accommodation rates also rising.
If one plans to travel to Florida this summer, this blog will help one with the five best travel packing tips. So read until the end; there will be much to learn from here.
Why Visit Florida?
We will discuss five key points why people must keep Florida on their bucket list. Of course, the citizens of the USA might know why Florida is a dream destination for many. But many international tourists don’t see what the hype is all about. To shed some light on those confusions, here are the five reasons one should visit Florida this summer.
- Florida is known for its extensive beaches. The beaches are there to suit the needs of every traveler. From people who love serenity to people who are party-lovers. People who love the sunsets on a beach and people who love collecting seashells. Florida beaches are for everybody. One can also enjoy fishing, dolphin watching, and relaxing under the sun. Mark our words, it’s marvelous!
- The history of Florida is diverse. The art, language, and architecture of the Timucans, Miccosukees, Seminoles, and Europeans would make anyone fall in love with the state. In addition, archaeological parks, Earthen temples, museums, parks, and colonies would fulfill one’s wanderlust.
- The vast wildlife parks are something that pulls hoards of nature lovers to Florida every summer. Experience the Big Cypress National Preserve, The Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge, and The Myakka River State Park. The natural beauty in these parks lies in the lush greenery, canals, forests, and mangroves. One can find various wild animals like scores of bird species, alligators, and deer.
These are only five of the never-ending points on why someone traveling to the states must visit Florida. From the forest greens to the blues of the beaches, Florida might satisfy just about everyone.
The Five Best Travel Packing Tips
Here we will discuss the five best travel packing tips that one must keep in mind when planning to visit Florida this summer. So let’s look at them.
It’s summertime, and the state harbors enormous beaches. We already know that the state would have high temperatures and humid climatic conditions. Thus, travelers must pack light clothes. Cotton clothes will be one of the essential things to carry. T-shirts, tank tops, shorts, sundresses, skirts, jeans, lightweight pants, and yoga pants are the best clothes to have to a beach in the summertime.
It is a beach, so bathing suits, cover-ups, underwear, and bras are a must-have. As chances of rainfall are pretty high during the summer months, raincoats and laundry bags should also be inside the bag. However, one may buy these two things from there too. Always carry extra pairs of socks and belts.
- Traveling Essentials
Some of the traveling essentials we would like to include in the ‘best travel packing tips’ may consist of refillable water bottles because of the summer’s dehydrating temperatures. Due to the rain, one must carry a waterproof phone holder and an umbrella. A towel to dry oneself after a lovely swim in the blue ocean waters. A Book if one is an ardent reader or any form of entertainment that one loves.
If a content creator, one must bring an underwater camera like a GoPro because the aquatic ecosystem on the Floridan beaches is marvelous. And if one doesn’t have an underwater camera, we aren’t asking one to buy (although it would be great to buy one), but do carry a regular camera because the scenes in the state are a treat to the eyes. Don’t forget to put the cellphone charger and headphones.
- Recreational Products
Some forms of recreational products include CBD products. Are you hearing the word CBD for the first time? No worries, we will guide you.
CBD, or Cannabidiol, is one of the Marijuana-based products. It is one of the many compounds found in the Cannabis plant. Furthermore, it is primarily a hemp-driven extract and is psychoactive and intoxicates the mind. Cannabidiol is known to have many potential health benefits like relaxing the mind, relieving pain, fighting anxiety, depression, and many other related problems. So if one wishes to try CBD Gummies this summer on the beaches of Florida, one may do so, but never overdose and never make the product an addiction. Do not worry; CBD is legal for consumption in the state if the product has less than 0.3% THC content.
The accessories we are willing to include in the ‘best travel packing tips’ are that one must consist of a pair of walking shoes because it would be too hard on the feet to always walk around in boots. We would recommend carrying flip-flops because beaches and flip-flops are a perfect match. Carry shoes that match the dress that one plans to wear. The accessories that one needs in the summer months are a hat and sunglasses. Keep sunscreen and face masks handy because the heat from the sun will cause sunburns.
- Personal Hygiene and Toiletries
Post-pandemic people have become aware of the risks of unclean life. Thus travelers all around the world focus on toiletries nowadays more than ever. Sanitizers are the need of the hour, while shampoo and conditioners are a must-have alongside soap and face wash. Don’t forget to pack deodorants and perfumes too. These are the basic grooming stuff that one must carry.
Feminine hygiene products are essential for every female traveler. When visiting Florida, one would visit places other than the beach too. For personal hygiene, do not forget to pack a brush, a comb, a toothbrush, and toothpaste. Other grooming products may include loading a hair gel, a hair spray, a lip balm, necessary medications, and other hair styling tools.
Places To Visit In Florida
There are various captivating places to visit in Florida. From the historical monuments to the lush greenery of the forests, Florida abounds in beauty in every nook and corner. Some of the best places to visit in Florida include:
- Sarasota: Sarasota includes the oldest and the largest parks in Florida, along with the famous Lido beach. The Myakka River State Park is a big attraction in the area. It also has the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, which is known for the butterflies it harbors.
- Walt Disney World: The location of this famous recreational park in Orlando. Walt Disney World needs no introduction and is celebrated all over the world. The Gatorland or the Discovery Cove is one of the most well-known points of Disney World.
- Naples: It is another name for luxury and relaxation. The Paradise Coast, with the white sands, classy restaurants, and luxury stores, attracts crowds of tourists every year during the summers. In addition, the Naples zoo and the Naples Botanical garden are famous tourist spots here.
- Miami Beach: The hottest attraction in Florida is Miami beach. International tourists who know the existence of Florida realize it for the Miami beach. The depiction of Miami in marvelous films like Moonlight, Bad Boys, and Miami Vice are enough to attract tourists there. From enjoying the night-light parties to enjoying a serene evening, Miami Beach has everything in its offerings. Remember, Miami is a costly place to visit, so prepare the budget accordingly.
- Sanibel Island: The Gulf Coast island sports a serene environment, and nature lovers fall for this island. The casual beach and the historical architecture would provoke the inner historian of few. The place is reasonably priced and is a must-visit in Florida.
- Everglades National Park is one of Florida’s most famous national parks, known for its alligators. It is also said to be the largest subtropical wilderness in the USA. One may also spot manatees and panthers here. Theme parks are also a big attraction for tourists.
- Marco Island is the largest island among the Ten Thousand Islands of Florida. Boating, fishing, and kayaking are recreational activities that one can indulge in. There is a historical museum, and one may spot manatees, panthers, and other animals. One can find these wild beasts in the ‘Ten Thousand Island National Wildlife Refuge,’ one of Florida’s most famous Wildlife reserves.
- Destin: The place is a massive attraction for summer travelers. It has a picturesque white sand beach with the water appearing bright blue-green. The water’s color and the beach’s contrast make the beach in Destin stand out among all other beaches in Florida. In addition, there are golf courses, places for fishing, and affordable restaurants to make the stay memorable.
Florida in Summers
Summers in Florida features a hot and humid climate. Although there is heat and rain, summertime is the ideal time to visit Florida with friends and family. People recommend visiting the state in June if possible. The average summer temperature is 30 – 33 C. Fun fact: For most Southeast Asian people, the temperature isn’t even that hot.
One may predict around 4.5-6 inches of rainfall during this time. Besides rainfall, thunderstorms and hurricanes may also dampen the spirits of many travelers during the summertime. But to cope with the humidity, rainfall is an absolute necessity. The water temperatures are pleasant, so people prefer summertime for swimming and snorkeling. June is the most crowded time, while the crowd starts receding fall August.
Summing It Up
If one is a travel enthusiast with the budget necessary for traveling in Florida, one should say yes to one’s heart and the brain:
- Make the trip memorable by floating in the bright blue waters of the Floridan beaches and visiting the historical museums and places with archaeological importance.
- Do some fishing in the sea, surfboarding, and make memories with the kayak.
- Relax the mind by partying on the beaches, making new friends, and knowing the local people.
So, this summer, say a big yes to a visit to Florida.