There’s nothing like a clean car; it smells good, looks good, and just feels good. But car cleaning can be a daunting task.
In a 2018 consumer case study, it was found that only 24% of Australians exclusively wash their cars, and only 35% wash their cars at home. And in this guide, you’ll learn how to clean every part of your car – from the inside to the outside.
Cleaning Tips- Outside of the Car
The outside of your car can get very dirty, very quickly. So, it’s important to clean it regularly to keep it looking good and protect the paint. And given below are the tips on how to clean the outside of your car:
- Start by washing the car with soap and water, as this will remove most of the dirt and dust.
- Next, use car wax to protect the paint. Waxing your car will help keep it looking shiny and new.
- Finally, use a car buffer to polish the paint. This will make it shine like new.
- In order to clean the windows, mix equal parts of water and vinegar in a spray bottle, and mist the area. Let the vinegar-water mixture sit for about five minutes, then blot it up with a clean cloth.
Cleaning Tips – Inside of the Car
There are a lot of ways for car cleaning on the inside, but some work better than others. And, here are a few tips:
- For dashboard and other areas made of plastic or vinyl, use a mixture of water and vinegar. Wipe it down with a soft cloth, and then dry it off.
- If there is a lot of dust and dirt build-up on the dashboard, use a vacuum cleaner to remove it. Also, ensure the attachment is small enough to fit into all the nooks and crannies.
- In order to clean the fabric seats, use baking soda mixed with warm water. Use a sponge or cloth to wipe it onto the seats, and then let it sit for a while before wiping it off.
- In order to clean the carpets, vacuum them first to remove any loose dirt or debris.
Meanwhile, if you have access to a steam cleaner, you can use that instead of the vinegar and water solution.
- In order to get rid of strong odours in your car, place an open box of baking soda on the floorboards, and leave it there overnight. Then, vacuum up the baking soda in the morning.
Cleaning Tips – The Engine
Cleaning the engine of your car is a crucial task. Not only does this improve your car’s look, but it also helps to protect the engine and keep it running smoothly. Meanwhile, there are a few different ways to clean the engine of your car, such as:
- One is to use a degreaser to dissolve the dirt and grease.
- Another is to use a steam cleaner to loosen the dirt and remove it. You can also use a brush and some soapy water to clean off the dirt and grease.
Meanwhile, be sure to take your time and be careful not to damage any parts. And when cleaning your engine, be careful not to let any water get into the engine. Moreover, if you think that you’ll get into trouble doing it on your own, it is better to seek the help of professionals.
Cleaning Tips – Tyres and Rims
- Remove any debris from the tires and rims using a brush or vacuum cleaner.
- Apply a tire cleaner to a sponge or cloth and wipe down the tires and rims.
- Rinse off the tire cleaner with water and dry the tires and rims with a cloth.